Grades K-2 - Articles
Grammar & Writing Activities »
- Grades K-2 - Articles
- Grades K-2 - Biography and Autobiography
- Grades K-2 - Colons
- Grades K-2 - More Colons
- Grades K-2 Conjunctions
- Grades K-2 - Identify Paragraph Features
- Grades K-2 - Nouns
- Grades K-2 - Noun Verb Agreement
- Grades K-2 - Verbs
- Grades K-2 - Prepositions
- Grades 3-4 - Active Voice and Passive Voice
- Grades 3-4 - Interjections
- Grades 3-4 - Multiple-Meaning Words
- Grades 3-4 - Paragraph Development
- Grades 3-4 - Parentheses
- Grades 3-4 - Participles
- Grades 3-4 - Prepositions
- Grades 3-4 - Troublesome Words
- Grades 5-6 - Acceptable Spelling
- Grades 5-6 - Colons
- Grades 5-6 - Commas
- Grades 5-6 - Developing a Paragraph
- Grades 5-6 - Interjections
- Grades 5-6 - Less Common Derivatives
- Grades 5-6 - Parentheses
- Grades 5-6 - Prepositions
- Grades 5-6 - Pronouns
- Grades 5-6 - Proper Adjectives
- Grades 5-6 - Speaking
- Grades 5-6 - Troublesome Word Pairs
- Grades 5-6 - Writing a Get Well Card
The three words below are called articles. We use articles in front of naming words.
a an the
Use the word an in front of the letters a, e, i, o, u, and h.
1. Sam has an apple.
2. Pat ate a carrot.
3. Sam and Pat will eat the orange.
Directions: Circle the correct article. Write it on the line.
1. __________________ ox was pulling a cart. a an
2. I am looking for _________________ book. the an
3. Please hand me ________________ pen. an a
4. Where is _______________ umbrella? a the
5. I can read _________________ story. the an
6. Help me fix ________________ toy. an the