6th Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Students will use the Internet to do research and inquiry on energy.
• Students will learn more about energy.
• Students will complete an online exercise by reading about different forms of energy. The students will compare and contrast renewable and non• renewable energy resources.
This site is presented by the U.S. government through the Energy Information Administration. The site is called "Energy Kid's Page." The site explains types and forms of energy to kids. The site also has resources for teachers.
• Have students talk about the different kinds of energy that we use everyday.
• Have students discuss how the energy we use impacts our environment.
• Have the students connect to http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/video/index.html. Then have the students type "windfall" into the space below Search All Video. Have students click on the video icon that appears and watch the video. Then have students:
draw a picture of the energy supply for the school and label each part of the picture.
write a summary of what supplies the school its energy.
make a list of alternative energy resources that could be used by the school that are good for the environment.