Dr. Robert D. Ballard
• Dr. Robert Ballard has been interested in life under water since his family moved to San Diego, California when he was a child.
• Dr. Ballard first thought of finding the Titanic in 1973. It was finally discovered in 1985.
• Dr. Robert Ballard founded the JASON foundation, an interactive educational program for children.
Visit Robert Ballard's Web site at: http://literati.net/Ballard
Other books by Robert D. Ballard:
• Ballard, Robert D. Lost Liners. New York: Hyperion Books, 1997.
• Ballard, Robert D. The Lost Wreck of the Isis. New York: Scholastic Trade, 1990.
• Ballard, Robert D. Return to Titanic. LA: National Geographic, 2004.
Other books about oceanography:
• Baker, Beth. Sylvia Earle: Guardian of the Sea. Minneapolis, MN: Lerner Publications, 2000.