2nd Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the Internet to do research and inquiry on plant parts and their names.
• Children will learn more about the different parts of plants and what they do.
• Children will complete a web activity by choosing the correct names of plant parts for a plant diagram. Children will print out the diagram when they are done.
This page of plant parts is from a children's Web site. It features the basic parts of a plant and their functions.
• Have children help take care of a plant or flower in the classroom to better illustrate how a plant grows and what it needs to thrive.
• Have children connect to http://mbgnet.mobot.org/bioplants/supermkt.html.Then, have children:
Answer the questions online about what part of the plant each food shown comes from and print the results.
Choose one of the foods and make a diagram of the entire plant. They can use their printed plant pictures from the first activity.
Create a brochure that advertises one of the foods shown, emphasizing its health benefits and what it can be used to make.