3rd Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Students will read a description of a food typical to a specific country.
• Students will write a short response to a question relating to the food description.
• Students will write a short response to a question relating to their own food experiences.
• Students will complete an additional activity.
This web page comes from Topics Online magazine, a magazine created for and by learners of the English language. Topics Online magazine covers topics of interest to learners of the English language including globalization, international manners, and travel.
• Have students return to the Web site and click on a different country. This time, have students summarize the descriptions in one or two sentences and have them share their sentences with the class.
• Have the students connect to http://www.cuisinenet.com/digest/breakfast/map_world.shtml. Then, have students click on a country to read about what natives of that country eat for breakfast. Have students:
draw a picture of the typical breakfast in that country.
write a menu description of that breakfast that uses as many descriptive adjectives as possible.
write a journal entry from the point of view of a tourist who just ate the breakfast in that country for the first time.