4th Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Students will use the Internet to research powwows.
• Students will learn more about powwow etiquette and the dancers at a powwow.
• Students will find a future powwow and make a poster advertising it.
This Web site was created by Gathering of Nations, a nonprofit organization that promotes Native American culture and traditions. The site contains information about powwows and a schedule of future events.
• Hold a class powwow. Have students create drums and other instruments to play at the powwow.
• Have students search the Web site for an upcoming powwow located nearby. If they find one, encourage them to attend it with their family.
• Have students explore http://www.powwow• power.com/index.shtml for more information on powwows. Then have students click on History and Description and:
read about the history of powwows.
create a timeline on the history of powwows.
use an Internet search engine to find other important historical events to include in a powwow timeline.