4th Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Students will use the Internet to learn about bats.
• Students will learn more about bat species in their state.
• Students will take a quiz to test their knowledge about bats.
Bat Conservation International, based in Texas, is devoted to conservation, education, and research initiatives involving bats and the ecosystems they serve. The site provides general information as well as resources for educators and students.
• Have students click on Bat Crossword Puzzle A, also in the Kidz Cave section of the Web site. Then have students print out crossword puzzles and complete them.
• Have students connect to http://www.kidzone.ws/animals/bats/activities.htm. Then have them:
Click on On• Line Jigsaw Puzzle and follow the instructions to complete the puzzle.
Once they have completed the puzzle, click on Back. Then have them print out one of the three bat coloring and fact sheets and color it.
Print and color the additional fact pages.