3rd Grade, Research and Inquiry Activities
1. Connect to this link http://www.pbs.org/itvs/animateddogs/wagthedog.html.
2. This web page allows you to create your own animation by dragging pictures on top of each other. Scroll down until you can see all of drawings one through six. Click on drawing 1. Hold down the mouse to drag drawing 1 over the larger drawing of the dog. When drawing 1 is on top of the larger drawing, release the mouse and press Play. Watch the image move.
3. Repeat for drawings 2 through 6. Make sure to use the drawings in the order in which they are numbered.
4. When you are finished, watch as the dog chases its tail.
5. Draw your own six panels of animation. Choose a simple subject like an animal or a person. The image in your drawings should change only a little from one drawing to the next.