Bear Snores On
Kindergarten Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the computer to do research and inquiry on weather.
• Children will learn about what kinds of clothing they wear in different types of weather.
• Children will play a game on the computer matching clothing with different kinds of weather.
• Have children play the game again and tell them to pay attention to the different kinds of weather. As a class, create a bar graph documenting each student's favorite kind of weather. In addition to voting for their favorite type of weather, have students explain why it is their preference.
• In a learning center, have children choose their favorite kind of weather and make clothing for paper dolls. Create and cut out paper dolls for students on firm paper or poster board. Have children create weather appropriate clothing using construction paper, scraps of material, yarn, ribbon, extra buttons, or anything else you have that is suitable. Children could also use crayons to draw clothing onto the paper dolls if there are not enough scraps of material or other craft supplies for them to use.