4th Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Students will use the Internet to read humorous limericks.
• Students will learn how to write a limerick.
• Students will write a limerick.
The award• winning site is created and maintained by Bruce Lansky, a poet. It is child• friendly, easy to navigate and fun to use.
• Have students click on Read 'em Rate 'em to read and rate poems written by other children.
• Have students share the limerick they wrote with a partner.
• Tell students to:
(A) click on Poetry Fun in the left side• bar and then click on Poetry Race to read poetry tongue twisters. (B) click on Poetry Fun in the left side• bar and then click on Fill in the Blank Poems to write poetry.
(C) click on Poetry Theatre in the left side• bar to read and perform poetry plays with friends.
Students can click on http://www.brownielocks.com/kidlimericks.html to read limericks written by other students.