3rd Grade, Research and Inquiry Activities
1. Connect to http://pbskids.org/buster/.
2. Click on the link that says My Blog. On the next page, you should see a pull down menu on the right called "Read more about: Places I've Been." Use the pull down menu to choose a city that interests you. Click on Go!
3. Read the blog for that city. A "blog" is a journal put up on the web for other people to read. What were Buster's experiences in that city and state? Write your answer on a separate sheet of paper. (Also, make sure to click on Where is this place? See my map! to get a sense of where the city is on the globe).
4. Use the pull-down menu to choose a different city. Read the blog for that city, and write down a few of Buster's experiences there.
5. Compare and contrast the two blog entries. Did Buster do similar things in both cities? What did he do that was different? Write your answers in complete sentences on a separate sheet of paper.
For additional information on travel tips go to http://www.travelforkids.com/Travelessentials/travelessentials.htm.