Grades K-2 - Biography and Autobiography
Grammar & Writing Activities »
- Grades K-2 - Articles
- Grades K-2 - Biography and Autobiography
- Grades K-2 - Colons
- Grades K-2 - More Colons
- Grades K-2 Conjunctions
- Grades K-2 - Identify Paragraph Features
- Grades K-2 - Nouns
- Grades K-2 - Noun Verb Agreement
- Grades K-2 - Verbs
- Grades K-2 - Prepositions
- Grades 3-4 - Active Voice and Passive Voice
- Grades 3-4 - Interjections
- Grades 3-4 - Multiple-Meaning Words
- Grades 3-4 - Paragraph Development
- Grades 3-4 - Parentheses
- Grades 3-4 - Participles
- Grades 3-4 - Prepositions
- Grades 3-4 - Troublesome Words
- Grades 5-6 - Acceptable Spelling
- Grades 5-6 - Colons
- Grades 5-6 - Commas
- Grades 5-6 - Developing a Paragraph
- Grades 5-6 - Interjections
- Grades 5-6 - Less Common Derivatives
- Grades 5-6 - Parentheses
- Grades 5-6 - Prepositions
- Grades 5-6 - Pronouns
- Grades 5-6 - Proper Adjectives
- Grades 5-6 - Speaking
- Grades 5-6 - Troublesome Word Pairs
- Grades 5-6 - Writing a Get Well Card
Name ____________________________ Date __________
At my house, I was the oldest of three sisters. Next door to us, there lived another three girls. They were all younger than me, too. Whenever we played together, I was in charge of what we did. I was the director of the play, or the mom in a pretend family. Sometimes I was the doctor who saved their lives!
An excerpt from “Stirring Up Memories” written by Pam Munoz Ryan.
Benjamin used his clock to measure the movements of the stars. He used math to figure out the position of the stars, moon, and planets. Years later, he wrote an almanac. An almanac is a book that lists the positions of the sun, moon, and planets for every day of the year.
An excerpt from “African-American Inventors” written by Jim Haskins.
1. Read the two passages.
2. Draw a star next to the autobiography. Draw a check mark next to the biography.
3. What is the difference between a biography and an autobiography?
4. How do you know which passage is a biography?
5. How do you know which passage is an autobiography?