3rd Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Students will use the Internet to do research and inquiry charitable organizations founded by kids.
• Students will answer a set of informational questions about an organization that sounds interesting to them.
• Students will present their findings to the class.
Idealist.org is a site designed to promote global and communal activism, "action without borders." It features a student section, which provides descriptions of charitable organizations founded by kids• and links to their web sites.
• Have students click on the Take the Lead link at the top of the page and read some of the information they find there. Encourage the class to make a list of problems in their communities. Then ask them to brainstorm some ways to help solve these problems.
• Have students connect to http://huntingtondisease.tripod.com/forkids/id44.html. This site provides a list of ways to raise money for good causes• in this case, the fight against Huntington's disease. Have students:
read the list of "Creative Ways to Raise Funds."
read the list and discuss which fund raisers would work best and why.
read the list and come up with three additional ideas for fund raisers.