2nd Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the Internet to do research and inquiry on farming.
• Children will learn more about things that are produced from corn.
• Children will list five things that are produced from corn.
The site is presented by the University of Illinois Extension. It is designed to help kids learn more about corn and its uses. This site also provides resources for teachers.
• Have children draw an ear of corn in the center of a blank sheet of paper. Then have children draw things that are made from corn and connect them to the ear by a line.
• Have children connect to http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/KidsFarm/PizzaGarden/default.cfm. Then have children:
Click on the different pizza ingredients and read about where they come from.
Draw a diagram of a pizza that shows where the different parts come from.
Talk about where other favorite foods, such as macaroni and cheese, come from.