• Before writing children's books, Julius wrote books for adults and practiced photography.
• Julius writes because he wants to retell the stories of the past.
For more information about Julius Lester, go to: www.childrenslit.com/f_lester.html
Other books written by Julius Lester:
• Lester, Julius. The Blues Singers: Ten who Rocked the World. USA: Jump Sun, 2001.
• Lester, Julius. How Many Spots Does a Leopard Have? And Other Tales. New York: Scholastic, 1994.
• Lester, Julius. The Tales of Uncle Remus: The Adventures of Brer Rabbit. New York: Puffin Books, 1999.