Cinquains and Other Poetry
4th Grade, Research and Inquiry Activities
2. Read the definition of cinquain and read the poem that Buster wrote.
3. Click on What’s a Poem? Find out the difference between different kinds of poems.
4. Read a few of the poems that children have written on the Web Site by clicking on Read More Poems. Then click on Read a Selection of Poems.
5. Make a list of the different subjects that the poets wrote about. What subject would you like to write a poem about?
6. Click on Write a Poem and write your poem title and poem in the boxes. Then submit your poem by clicking on Send It.
7. In a few days, check to see if your poem made the website by clicking on Read a Poem. Type your first name in the box and click on Go!
For more poems and ideas for writing poetry, go to http://www.poetry4kids.com/.