5th Grade, Research and Inquiry Activities
2. Read about the features of Tall Tales and the How did Tall Tales get started? section.
3. Now read the short summaries of the different Tall Tales. Which one is your favorite? Why?
4. Click on Write your own Tall Tale .
5. Copy and paste the story pattern into a Word document or write your story on a separate piece of paper.
6. Use the story pattern to write another Tall Tale about your favorite Tall Tale character. Remember to use a lot of exaggeration!
For information on Tall Tales in different states, go to: http://www.americanfolklore.net/ss.html.