5th Grade, Research and Inquiry Activities
2. Read the information about the Dominican Republic, a Caribbean island.
3. Click on Image Gallery to see pictures from the Dominican Republic. Then click on Map in the top right corner, before returning to the main Web page.
4. On the bottom of this page, take notes about this Caribbean country. Write down facts like the population, the language spoken, and the country’s major industries.
5. Click on the links on the left side of the Web page to learn more about the Dominican Republic. How much do things cost in this country? What is there to do? When is the best time to travel there?
6. Create a travel brochure about the Dominican Republic. Make sure you include facts from the Web site, and cite the Web site address where you find the facts. Include interesting facts about the island so that people will want to visit! You might want to print or draw your own pictures of the island to include in your brochure.
To find out more about the Caribbean, go to: http://www.destination360.com/.