Cinquains and Other Kinds of Poems
5th Grade, Research and Inquiry Activities
2. Read the page to learn about the similarities and differences between traditional cinquains and modern cinquains.
3. Scroll down the page and read the poems.
4. On a blank sheet of paper, assign a number to each poems on the site. Then identify each as a traditional or modern cinquain.
5. Brainstorm a subject you'd like to write about. It could be nature, sports, someone you know, a pet or anything else that interests you.
6. Write a cinquain about the subject you chose. Identify it as traditional or modern.
To read more examples of poetry in different styles, click on http://www.kathimitchell.com/poemtypes.html.