5th Grade, Research and Inquiry Activities
2. Read the article to find out about one of the most distinguished plant breeders in history, George Washington Carver.
3. At the bottom of the page, click on Images of Carver to explore what Dr. Carver looked like in different stages of his life.
4. Click on About Carver at the bottom of the page to return the main article.
5. In the article, click on the word peanuts to find a list of products that Dr. Carver developed from peanuts.
5. Write a paragraph telling in your own words why George Washington Carver was such an important figure in plant breeding.
6. Share your paragraph with a small group by reading it aloud.
To read articles that go into more detail about plant breeding, go to http://www.bioteach.ubc.ca/Biodiversity/PlantBreedingvsPlantGenetics/.