3rd Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Students will use the Internet to do research and inquiry on ecosystems.
• Students will learn more about ecosystems.
• Students will complete an online exercise by reading about different types of ecosystems. Students will also answer fill in the blank questions using they information they have just read.
This site is presented by, PBS's 'Earth on Edge'. PBS is a TV channel featuring a wide range of informational and educational content for all ages.
• Have the students talk about the ecosystems they live in.
• Have the students discuss the importance of keep a balanced ecosystem.
• Have the students connect to http://www.kidsplanet.org/wol/index.htm
• Then have students:
read and follow the instructions and click Begin to start the exercise.
draw a picture diagram illustrating the cycle of at least four things and how they are connected in the web of life.
write explanations as to what is occurring in each cycle of the picture diagram illustrating the cycle of life.