Alicia's Happy Day
Kindergarten Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the computer to do research and inquiry on people who work in their neighborhoods.
• Children will learn more about the responsibilities of certain neighborhood jobs.
• Children will complete a worksheet by matching pictures of neighborhood workers to pictures of things they use to perform their jobs.
• Have children look at the pictures of the neighborhood workers on the Web site. Ask them what other jobs they know of, and what they want to be when they grow up. On their worksheets, have them draw a picture of themselves as whatever they want to be, showing what they will need to do their jobs.
• Have children dress up as whatever worker they want to be when they grow up one day before they come in to school. During the day, have them each talk about what they do.