Kindergarten Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the computer to do research and inquiry on water creatures.
• Children will learn more about ocean life.
• Children will complete a worksheet by comparing, coloring, and sorting creatures that live in the ocean and creatures that live in a fish tank.
• Have children go back to the Web site and look at the underwater photo. Ask them to think about what animals they want in their ocean. Have them create their own ocean diorama using a shoebox and construction paper.
• Have children talk about how and why water creatures become extinct. Then have them suggest ways that they can stop this from happening. Write a letter with them and their suggestions and send it to your local aquarium as a friendly donation that the staff can have on display, or as a reminder that our youth pledge to protect our oceans.