Amada Irma Pérez
• In addition to writing, Amada is a third grade teacher in California.
• Amada was born in Mexico and raised in the United States. She is bilingual—she speaks both English and Spanish!
For more information about Amada Irma Pérez, go to:
Other books about new places and new faces:
• Birdseye, Tom. Tarantula Shoes. New York: Puffin Books, 1996.
• Kelly, Katy. Lucy Rose: Here's the Thing about Me. New York: Delacorte Books for Young Readers, 2004.
• Park, Barbara. The Kid in the Red Jacket. New York: Random House Children's Books, 1995.