2nd Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the Internet to do research and inquiry on fitness.
• Children will learn more about how to exercise and stay fit.
• Children will complete an online computer assignment by reading about proper fitness and taking an online quiz. Children will print their score.
The site is presented by Life Bytes, a site primarily for kids. It contains educational information about kids' safety, health, education and general well being. The site also features resources for teachers.
• Have students discuss why it is important to keep fit. Have them suggest ways to keep fit.
• Have students connect to http://www.welltown.gov.uk/park/playground.html. Ask them to:
Read the information about being active. Then have them click on the arrow icon at bottom of picture and answer whether each activity is active or not very active.
Draw a picture of their favorite exercise activities.
Write a fitness plan for themselves and a friend to do together.