Our National Parks
4th Grade, Research and Inquiry Activities
2. Read the instructions and click on Game 1.
3. Click on the antlers that look as though they belong on an elk. Next, drag and drop the antlers onto the elk in the photo. Then, click on the "Check out your answer" button. If you don't succeed, click on the "Go back" button to try again. Keep playing until you match the antlers with the elk. Then, read the facts about the animal. How heavy is the average bull elk?
4. Click on Back to the Games. Then, click on Game 2. This game is played in the same way. Do your best to match the antelope with its horns. When you succeed, read the facts. How do pronghorns defend themselves against predators?
5. Click on Back to the Games. Then, click on Game 3. When you succeed, read the facts. How fast can a jackrabbit run?
After you answer correctly, you may click on Back at the top of the screen and put horns or antlers on the rabbit. See how funny you can make the rabbit look!
6. Click on Back to the Games. Then, click on Game 4. When you succeed, read the facts. What used to be held up for days while bison crossed their path?
For additional information on national parks go to http://www.nps.gov/redw/kids.html.