• Francisco is married and has three children, all of whom are college• educated.
• He credits John Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath for teaching him the power of language.
• He once took a job as a janitor so he could read in the offices after he had finished cleaning.
Other books written by Francisco Jiménez:
• Jiménez, Francisco. The Christmas Gift. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 2000.
• Jiménez, Francisco. The Circuit: Stories from the Life of a Migrant Child. Albuquerque, NM: University of New Mexico Press, 1997.
• Jiménez, Francisco. La Mariposa. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1998.
Other books about mentors:
• Dickens, Charles. Great Expectations. New York: Aladdin, 2000.
• Spinelli, Jerry. Knots in my Yo• Yo String: The Autobiography of a Kid. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1998.