Kindergarten Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the computer to do research and inquiry on plants.
• Children will learn more about what plants need to live.
• Children will complete the worksheet by coloring what items plants need to live.
• Have children look at the information about plants again on the Internet. Ask them to think about what people need to live. Working in pairs, ask children to draw pictures of three items that people need that are similar to what plants need to live.
• Have children learn about what plants need by setting up two plants in the classroom, taking care of one plant and leaving the second plant alone. Ask children to monitor the two plants to see what happens over time.