6th Grade, Research and Inquiry Activities
2. Click on Coming to America. Then click on 1892 on the timeline and read "A Gateway for Millions." Click Move to the Next Article to read "Looking Back." After you have finished, read the next article, "Virtually There."
3. Apply what you learned by interviewing a friend or family member about how and when their family came to America. Start with the following questions about the person you interview:
- Name ___________________
- Age ___________________
- Native country/countries ___________________
- Native language(s) ___________________
4. Present this information and everything else you learned about the person you interviewed to the class.
For additional information on interviewing go to http://www.youthlearn.org/learning/teaching/questions.asp.