Out of the Ordinary!
1st Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the computer to do research and inquiry on odd jobs.
• Cchildren will learn more about why certain jobs may be considered odd.
• Children will complete a worksheet by identifying different aspects of odd jobs.
• Have children look at the different odd jobs on the Web site. Have them pick one and talk about what you need to know for that job, and what you do in that job.
• Make a chart of odd jobs that the children can do around the classroom: (i.e. pencil sharpener, table cleaner, window wiper.) Assign some of these jobs to a few children and rotate every 2 weeks. Remember to talk about what they have to do for each job and what they need to know for it.