Caring for Pets
3rd Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Students will follow step-by-step directions to print out worksheets.
• Students will complete worksheets.
• Students will repeat the steps to print out and complete additional worksheets.
This Web site was created by the American Veterinary Medical Association. It contains activities of all levels to help children learn how to care for animals.
• Have students complete and print out worksheets #4, #5, and #6.
• If the worksheets in Activity #1 seem too easy for some students, have them click on Activity #2 and complete two of these more difficult worksheets.
• Have students connect to http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=pets_home. Have them choose a type of pet and use the site to research how to take care of that pet. Encourage students to:
list all of the things that they would need to do on a given day to take care of their pet, and then check their answers against the site's instructions.
make a shopping list of items to buy before bringing their pet home, and then check their answers against the site's instructions
make both lists, and check their answers against the site's instructions.