2nd Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the Internet to do research and inquiry on fire safety.
• Children will learn more about fire safety in the home.
• Children will take a quiz at the end of the online tutorial and print their score.
The fire safety Web site is presented by FEMA, a US government agency. This site includes various tutorials and games about fire safety and children.
• Have the children return to the FEMA Web site and click on Hazard House, located under Fun and Games. Ask the students to complete the activity.
• Have the children connect to http://www.dos.state.ny.us/kidsroom/firesafe/escape.html. Have them click on each illustration to enlarge it and then print them out. Then have the children:
Color the illustrations.
Combine the illustrations into a book.
Demonstrate in a skit what should be done in case of a fire.