2nd Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the Internet to do research and inquiry on rhyming poetry.
• Children will learn more about rhyming.
• Children will complete an online assignment by completing a rhyming quiz. Children will print out their results.
The site is presented by the Oswego city school district of New York. It has educational resources for students, parents, and teachers.
• Have children think of words that rhyme with their names or nicknames.
• Have children create a group poem using all their names with the rhyming words that they think of.
• Have children connect to http://www.imaginesongs.com/pencil2.html. Then have children:
Watch and listen to the poem "This Little Pencil" by Joe Thompson.
Talk about what they liked about the poem.
Write a rhyming poem about their favorite school supply.