1st Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the Internet to learn where animals live.
• Children will learn about places animals live.
• Children will match animals to their habitats.
• Have children look again at the Website. Discuss what other types of animals live in each habitat. Make a list for each habitat. Divide children into four groups. Have them draw murals for each habitat, including all of the animals listed.
• Talk about other types of places animals might live such as the grasslands, rainforests, the arctic. Make a list of animals that live in each place.