3rd Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Students will use the Internet to run a virtual lemonade stand.
• Students will learn more about supply and demand and advertising.
• Students will compare their earnings with those of their classmates and discuss the business strategies that had the best results.
ClassBrain is a resource site for kids, parents, and teachers. This Web site offers games to help students practice the skills they learn in the classroom.
• Have students play the game a second time, now that they have discussed which business strategies were most successful. How were their results different this second time? Did they make different mistakes? What would they do differently if they were to play a third time?
• Have students connect to http://pbskids.org/itsmylife/quiz/makingmoney.html. Have students take the
record the number of questions they get right.
discuss the correct answer for any questions they answer incorrectly.
use it to help them come up with a service that they think would be popular in their own neighborhoods.