Baba Wagué Diakité
• Baba is an accomplished artist who also enjoys sculpting and painting.
• He makes the illustrations for his books by painting on ceramic tiles.
• He is currently in the process of establishing a cultural center in his native African country of Mali.
For more information about Baba Wagué Diakité, go to:
Other books written by Baba Wagué Diakité:
• Badoe, Adwoa and Baba Wagué Diakité. The Pot of Wisdom: Ananse Stories. Toronto: Groundwood Books, 2001.
Other books about sharing traditions:
• Burns, Kephra. Mansa Musa: The Lion of Mali. Orlando, FL: Gulliver Books, 2001.
• Dicamillo, Kate. Tale of Despereaux: Being the Story of a Mouse, a Princess, Some Soup, and a Spool of Thread. Cambridge, MA: Candlewick Press, 2003.
• Masoff, Joy. Mali: Land of Gold and Glory. Waccabuc, NY: Five Ponds Press, 2002.
• McKissack, Frederick and Patricia McKissack. The Royal Kingdoms of Ghana, Mali, and Songhay: Life in Medieval Africa. New York: Henry Holt and Co., 1995.