3rd Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Students will use the Internet to do research and inquiry on natural resources.
• Students will learn more about natural resources.
• Students will complete an online exercise by reading about soil and answering questions.
This site is presented by, US Department of Agriculture / Natural Resources Conservation Service. The site seeks to help people conserve, maintain and improve our natural resources. The site features a section for kid.
• Have students talk about the different natural resources that the world has.
• Have students discuss ways they can protect their natural resources.
• Have students connect to http://www.eco-pros.com/ then:
scroll to find and read the section titled 'Earth' Current Conditions Of The Environment Of Planet Earth.
select and read one of the seven conditions of the environment and write a paragraph about the condition and how it effects our environment.
write an additional paragraph explaining how the problem could be resolved.