6th Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Students will use the Internet to do research and inquiry on helping others.
• Students will learn more about helping others.
• Students will complete an online exercise by reading about how to help others. Students will also draw a picture of themselves in a helping situation.
This site is presented by PBS. It is a site that tries to help kids cope with some of the everyday problems they face. The site has resources for parents and teachers.
• Have students talk about the different ways people can help each other.
• Have students discuss how helping others can influence the world around us.
• Have students connect to http://www.bls.gov/k12/help.htm. Then have students:
click on each helping career and read the information given.
talk about which of these careers they would choose and why.
write a story about someone they know who helps people. Then have them read the story to the class.