• As a kid, Seymour loved to explore the vacant lots in his hometown. This exploration became the topic for one of his later books.
• As a child he was very interested in space. He built his own telescope and studied astronomy in junior high school.
• Seymour says he will never stop writing books!
Visit Seymour Simon's Web site at: www.seymoursimon.com
Other books written by Seymour Simon:
• Simon, Seymour. Galaxies. New York: HarperCollins, 1991.
• Simon, Seymour. Lightning. New York: HarperCollins, 1999.
• Simon, Seymour. Our Solar System. New York: HarperCollins, 1992.
Other books about extreme weather:
• Allaby, Michael. Tornadoes: And Other Dramatic Weather Systems. Kansas: Sagebrush Bound, 2002.
• Berger, Melvin and Gilda Berger. Do Tornadoes Really Twist? Questions and Answers about Tornadoes and Hurricanes. New York: Scholastic Reference, 2000.