6th Grade, Research and Inquiry Activities
2. Click on Our Solar System in the middle of the page. Then click on one of the nine planet names to find out more about your favorite planet.
3. To find out about different aspects of the planet you chose, click the links listed on the page.
4. Fill in the answers to the questions below about your planet.
-What is the name of your planet? ______________________________________________________
-Describe your planet. What does it look like? ______________________________________________________
-What is the atmosphere like on your planet? ______________________________________________________
-How many moons does your planet have? ______________________________________________________
-What is the temperature like on your planet? ______________________________________________________
5. After you've answered the questions, pretend that you are a travel agent who is planning a trip for a family to your planet. Create a small travel brochure describing your planet. Make sure that you describe what it will be like to visit the planet, what they should bring with them, and what they can do on their trip. Use the facts above in your description.
6. Print pictures of your planet from the Web site or draw them yourself to decorate your travel brochure. Remember to use as many real facts about your planet as possible!
For additional information on the planets in our solar system, go to http://kids.msfc.nasa.gov.