5th Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Students will use the Internet to read about the history of robots.
• Students will answer an ethics question about robots.
• Students will complete an additional activity.
Robotics was a site created by the Tech Museum of Innovation to introduce the world of intelligent machines—how they work, who builds them, and what they do.
• Students can return to the main page and click on Classroom Activities , then click on Can a Robot Tie Your Shoes? and find the answer to the question.
• Students can go to http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/robots/clips/ and watch the different clips of robots by clicking on their correct video player. Then have students:
choose their favorite robot and write a paragraph suggesting other uses for it.
draw a diagram of a robot that fulfills a specific purpose.
draw a diagram of a robot and then construct a 3-D model.