1st Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the computer to do research and inquiry on growing up.
• Children will use the Internet to learn about how children's interests influence their careers as adults.
• Children will create a time capsule by tracing their hands and answering questions about themselves at the beginning of the year.
• Have children go back to the Website and look at the pictures of the subjects both as children and as adults. Talk about how they changed over time. Help children think of other ways that they might change from now until the end of the year. Create a height and weight chart and record children's measurements monthly to watch for change. Ask children to predict how tall they will be when they are adults!
• Ask children to bring in pictures of themselves when they were younger. See if they can find a picture from each year of their lives. If children do not have pictures, have them draw what they think they looked like in each year. Assemble the pictures in order to create timelines of each child's life.