Mama Cat has Three Kittens
Kindergarten Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the computer to do research and inquiry on big cats.
• Children will learn more about big cats blending themselves into their jungle habitats.
• Children will complete a worksheet by coloring in pictures of big cats.
• Have children look at the jungle scene on the Web site. Ask them to think about a place close to where they live where wild animals also live, i.e. the woods, a lake, etc. Ask them what animals live in this place. Have them draw a picture of themselves visiting this place.
• Provide children with a paper bag or other similar material, crayons, scissors, a hole• punch, and yarn. Have them draw and color a cat mask. When the mask is finished, have them cut it out, punch holes in both of its sides, and attach yarn ties. Encourage children to wear their masks and imitate actions their cat might really do. Then have them act out things their cat does not do.