Kindergarten Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will practice using an online drawing program.
• Children will use the computer to draw a picture of a plant growing from a seed.
• Children will demonstrate their understanding of plants growing from seeds through their online drawing.
• Have children look in books about plants to identify different kinds and sizes of seeds. Children might want to use a magnifying glass to examine different seeds closer. After more research, ask children to use the online drawing program to draw a specific kind of plant seed. Children can print their drawings and label them.
• Have each child place a wet paper towel in the bottom of a plastic bag. Place a seed in the bag and seal the bag closed with tape. Track the growth of each seed over time and have students note that each seed grows its own unique plant. Plastic bags can be tacked to the bulletin board for easy labeling as they grow bigger.