6th Grade, Research and Inquiry Activities
2. You are about to take a four-day expedition. Your goal is to reach the lost city of Machu Picchu. Click on Virtual Inca Trail.
3. Read about Day 1. On a separate sheet of paper, write the number one followed by two or three sentences briefly recording some of the things you saw and did.
4. Click More to go on to Day 2, and read about it. On your paper, write the number two, and write a few sentences telling about your experiences.
5. Continue your expedition by clicking More. Write about days three and four.
6. Once you have reached Machu Picchu, you may click on any picture to enlarge it. To return to the picture gallery, click the Back button at the top of the screen.
7. Select your favorite picture of Machu Picchu. Look at it closely. On a separate sheet of paper, write a paragraph describing your feelings about your trip and what you saw at the end.
For additional information on Machu Picchu go to http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/prehistory/latinamerica/south/satable.html