4th Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Students will use the Internet to read interesting facts about border collies.
• Students will learn more about how to care for border collies.
• Students will write a pretend letter to a friend or relative who is thinking of adopting a border collie. They will give tips on how to care for the dog and explain why a border collie is special.
The United States Border Collies Club has information about caring for, breeding border collies.
• Students can click on the back browser button and then click on BC Activities. They can then click on SuperHearingDog! to read how a border collie can help people.
• Have students discuss ways that dogs help people.
• Have students connect to http://www.zuzu.org/dogi.html, then:
click on Fiction to read stories about dogs written by children.
click on Afraid of Dogs to read how to help people who are afraid of dogs. Have students make colorful posters showing ways to help and then have students share these posters with the rest of the class.
click on Work with Animals to research people who help pets and pets that help people. Ask them to write and illustrate a short comic book based on one of the stories they read.