• For Salsa Stories, Lulu was inspired by the idea that different foods can unlock memories of the past.
• Lulu is both an author and an illustrator, and she enjoys doing both.
Visit Lulu Delacre's Web site at: www.luludelacre.com
Other books written by Lulu Delacre:
• Delacre, Lulu. The Bossy Gallito/El Gallo de Bodas: A Traditional Cuban Folktale. New York: Scholastic, 1999.
• Delacre, Lulu. Golden Tales: Myths, Legends and Folktales from Latin America. New York: Scholastic Paperbacks, 2001.
Other books about the Caribbean Islands:
• Baptiste, Tracey. Angel's Grace. New York: Simon & Schuster, 2005.
• Johnston, Tony. Any Small Goodness: A Novel of the Barrio. New York: Scholastic Paperbacks, 2003.
• Joseph, Lynn. The Color of my Words. New York: HarperTrophy, 2001.