5th Grade, Research and Inquiry Activities
2. Click on Overview and read the first paragraph, which discusses the importance of music.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Home to return to the main Web page.
4. Click on Songbook and click on a song title to learn more about it. Read the lyrics and listen to the song being performed.
5. You can also click on the names of the composers and performers to learn more about them.
6. After you have listened to several songs and read their lyrics, choose your favorite song. Copy the first line from the song into the space below. What does the line make you think of? How does it make you feel? Write your own song using this as the first line. You can use the same title or make up one of your own.
First line: _______________________________________________________________________
To read about other types of song lyrics, click on http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/music.htm.