1st Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Children will use the computer to do research and inquiry on animal movement.
• Children will use the Internet to learn which body parts help animals move.
• Children will show their understanding of how animals move by correctly playing the memory game and matching animal body parts to the appropriate animal.
• Have the children play the game again and focus on the four different animals. Ask children to think about why these animals have to move. Create a list of reasons why animals need to move. If there is time, have pairs of children act out scenes showing different animals moving to explain why they need to move.
• Turn on music and play a dancing game! Call out different body parts and have children dance by moving only the parts you call out. After you're done, count up all the body parts they were able to move. Which ones were easiest to move? Which ones were hardest? Talk about why as a class.