4th Grade Research and Inquiry Resources
• Students will use the Internet to do research and inquiry on volunteering.
• Students will read about one way to volunteer.
• Students will draw "before" and "after" pictures relating to that volunteer activity and list how people help in their organization.
This Web site was created by PBS. It includes resources for volunteering as well as stories about children whose volunteer activities have made a positive difference in their communities.
• Have students click on the link to a different volunteer activity. Make sure that each activity is covered by at least one student and reassign activities as necessary.
• After connecting to the new link, students may read suggestions on how to help as well as inspiring stories about children who undertook the challenge of volunteering.
• Have students present their findings to the class.
• Have students connect to http://www.peacecorps.gov/kids/difference/. Then, have students:
read and identify ways children are making a difference to a partner.
read about the children in Bolivia and how they are recycling paper. Have students make recycled paper.
come up with a plan to help in their neighborhood, city, or state. Have them click on tell us how you're making a difference and tell their story.